Stacking sleds

Go down

Stacking sleds

Post by snowmutt on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Ok.. I need some room Suspect
We are adding 2 quads to the stable here soon. With a 1 1/2 car garage I need to fit 2 sleds trailer and 2 quads in there , with the trailer empty??
I know I can fit it all in , just needs to be workshop friendly and have back door access. the layout is with the access door in front w/ the big door, back acc door is back corner big door side.

My Question is ... can you? and which way is best . Tail up in the air or nose up? .... thinking in the corner making a rack/ramp and stuffing the other underneath on the floor. I was thinking nose up , as I could drive it up some .

My concern is the well being of the sled in this position over time , normally they sit on the trailer flat .
Fogged and stabled ...and mice protection..at least try!.... would there be any concerns ?
Might be topping off or whats in them for fuel and siphon out for the other stuff, be like having 10-14 gal on hand and use as I need .

Fitting a new work bench and shelving is going to be fun in it's self ... I have crap packed everywhere in this place Rolling Eyes

... don't realize how big these sleds are till they take up floor space scratch

Back to top Go down

Re: Stacking sleds

Post by dooman on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:58 pm

you can store it in any direction, its a 2 stroke. your main concern is going to be leaking fluids. I would look more at building a false floor to stack them, putting the in season machines on the bottom.

http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=325

dooman

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:03 pm

dooman wrote:you can store it in any direction, its a 2 stroke. your main concern is going to be leaking fluids. I would look more at building a false floor to stack them, putting the in season machines on the bottom.

Thanks Barry
That system is the whip , but a bit out of price for me right now . Think im just going to run them down the one wall . Keep them on casters and drop the skis . I then have the opt to move them around or tinker with them later.

Back to top Go down

Post by dlaine on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:36 am

snowmutt wrote:
dooman wrote:you can store it in any direction, its a 2 stroke. your main concern is going to be leaking fluids. I would look more at building a false floor to stack them, putting the in season machines on the bottom.

Thanks Barry
That system is the whip , but a bit out of price for me right now . Think im just going to run them down the one wall . Keep them on casters and drop the skis . I then have the opt to move them around or tinker with them later.

I have seen pictures of people use 2x4's, plywood and a boat winch to make a system like that. That is how I would go if I needed to stack toys in the garage - $2K seems a little steep even though the system looks pretty slick.

dave
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

dlaine wrote:
snowmutt wrote:

Thanks Barry

I have seen pictures of people use 2x4's, plywood and a boat winch to make a system like that. That is how I would go if I needed to stack toys in the garage - $2K seems a little steep even though the system looks pretty slick.

dave

I was thinking of something hinged in the front and a electric hoist in the rear . Then put a few legs under it , just spooky lifting 450+lbs ...
We had one in our barn back when I was a kid , 3 sleds, tractor, tiller etc. in a 12x14 barn. Sleds were way smaller back then though, the 250 elan got the top bunk . That was lifted by hand and roped off ...not today's sleds elephant
The right capacity of the hinge set up and hoist will be the ticket . I seen 1200lbs hoist at harbor freight reasonable too.

Right now I have a plan of them on the floor with some shelf's above them . Moved my bench yesterday..but that was far as I got . Picked up a bug and it's kick my butt right now pale

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:13 pm

SO time has passed and the mission was in full swing with these mild temps we been having . It's been a adventure to re-arrange 10 yrs of norm. I decided to line them up down the wall but the bench and all it's stuff went to the back wall and other corner ....or had to go somewhere scratch

here's the before

Moved some shelving and added a 19"tv to the hutt Wink

Time has come .....

Now were ready for the mudd toys Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by dlaine on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Nice! I like how they are staring at each other until next winter!!

dave
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum