MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING !!!!

3 posters

Go down

WARNING !!!! Empty WARNING !!!!

Post by snowmutt Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Holy hell this scares me affraid
Mi DNR has opt to remove signage to slow riders down !!! .... to make it safer Shocked
..and to stop lawsuits against the state.... yeah your DEAD now due to lack of warning of dangers !
Frogging around off trail in a 35 mile radius from camp sounds the safest to me anymore ??

New and improved signs would be the way to go , but removing sign that already makes you aware ?, just dont get it sometimes .
check this out ... read some of the feed back .... scary pale silent

http://www.fishweb.com/recreation/snowmobile/trails/index.html
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

WARNING !!!! Empty Re: WARNING !!!!

Post by BMorgan Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Yes....we will have to be on our toes while riding. I am sure we will run into more "professionals" on the trails!
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

http://www.michigansledder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dlaine Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:09 am

Not to stir the pot, but I have to agree with the change.

A sign can't tell you about the tree that just fell across the trail, the deer standing in the middle of the corner or the idiot that stopped in the middle of the trail right around the corner in front of you. Not to mention that signs fall off, get covered up or get stolen.

Putting your trust in 'signs' to tell you of dangers ahead instead of riding based on what you can actually see for yourself is really just rolling the dice...

dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:02 pm

No I dont ride out of my visual control, but it is nice to know that a known hazard is in the area .

Alot of it IS like said ... the Professionals
Those will be the one's that take somebody . Mix one of them clicking hot in a curve or narrow bridge, and on the other end is a dad and son up from the city 1st time renters on uncharted waters. Maybe if they knew ????
conditions play a huge role to keep some , Ive been turn around , in white outs .. and those signs have save my tail a few times ... I wasn't speeding ether .

Just be careful out there ! We have to play the game by a new set of rules this yr .
.... not sure I want to lead anymore ?? Sad

snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:11 pm

I know what you are saying Rick. Someone will be hotdogging and come into a curvre that they didnt see, in the wrong lane and ending up taking someone out...not looking too forward to it either...sheep dog for me!
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

http://www.michigansledder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum