MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season?

+4
someone11
dooman
BMorgan
SLeDHeaDDude800
8 posters

Go down

Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season? Empty Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season?

Post by SLeDHeaDDude800 Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:25 am

I wanna try Manton, Michigan sometime this season heard of lots of play areas 2 tracks and FIRE trails this has my name all over it!!!
Anyone else going into the unknown and NOT knowing what to expect???

Green Mill Motel
709 North US 131
Manton, MI 49663
SLeDHeaDDude800
SLeDHeaDDude800

Back to top Go down

Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season? Empty Re: Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season?

Post by BMorgan Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am

Nice Area!!!! I sledded there about 4 years ago. A lot of off trail advertures can be had forsure!!! Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season? 3719809981
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

http://www.michigansledder.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season? Empty Re: Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season?

Post by dooman Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:15 pm

manton is kinda in the middle of nothing, lol. south you have some of the best riding in the state, north towards fife lake is excellent riding also. myself ,I would opt to stay closer to cadillac or fife lake which ever direction I planned on riding.

dooman

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:00 pm

If someone wants to come up with me and bring an extra sled I will take you to some places that will be untouched by anyone and will probably be pretty good. I found them a few years ago but havent had my sled up since. Ive been dying to go to those places in the winter with a sled.
someone11
someone11

http://www.freewebs.com/nicks-webcam/

Back to top Go down

Post by puree Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:58 pm

stay tuned nick,,,, were gonna hook up this year and I do have the extra sled,,,, hope you dont mind a 79 Kawasaki Invader!!! Hey, its a liquid cooled 440!!
I still have the firecat too if youd rather ride it.
puree
puree

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:09 am

Brian, you know ill ride anything! I love them old vintage sleds, you can beat them to hell and they just keep going...like the energizer bunny bounce cat But yeah, the firecat might do a little better in the deep POW Very Happy
someone11
someone11

Back to top Go down

Post by puree Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:53 pm

we took the invader up to the Jack Pine a few years ago,,, I actually took it for some off trail fun and it isnt near as much fun as I thought it would be,,,,
puree
puree

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:45 pm

puree wrote:stay tuned nick,,,, were gonna hook up this year and I do have the extra sled,,,, hope you dont mind a 79 Kawasaki Invader!!! Hey, its a liquid cooled 440!!
I still have the firecat too if youd rather ride it.

I think he rode that F-7 at one time scratch . We didn't let him have the motor running though..remember Razz
Still have that vid of that day
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Dave let me know when you plan on hitting that . If we are up that wknd , we could meet up in the middle somewheres .
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by SLeDHeaDDude800 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:34 pm

snowmutt wrote:Dave let me know when you plan on hitting that . If we are up that wknd , we could meet up in the middle somewheres .

Damn right I will! cheers
SLeDHeaDDude800
SLeDHeaDDude800

Back to top Go down

Post by puree Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 pm

Nick rode the F7?? Rick, ya got me there, I honestly dont recall,,, help me out here
puree
puree

Back to top Go down

Post by snow4mydooplz Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:01 am

puree wrote:Nick rode the F7?? Rick, ya got me there, I honestly dont recall,,, help me out here

I remember !! Pretty sure we have a pic of that..
snow4mydooplz
snow4mydooplz

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:13 am

puree wrote:Nick rode the F7?? Rick, ya got me there, I honestly dont recall,,, help me out here

Remember the day on the way back up the haywire... the F-7 lost the chain? We used Nick for the towee , you rode his formula to shinglton and then I went for the truck .....09 charity ride ???
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:36 am

Hell I even remember it! HAHA!!! Poor cats Razz
someone11
someone11

Back to top Go down

Post by puree Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:58 pm

I remember the chain breaking, I remember you towing it to 94, but I waited alongside the sled, met up with JT and them while I was waiting for you to come back. I know I posed for some pictures,,,, not that I wanted to or was proud, but I owed it to the tow sled driver!!! That actually was a pretty damned good day, would have been better had that freakin chain lasted another 12 to 14 mile and got me back to the hotel!!!
puree
puree

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:29 pm

puree wrote:I remember the chain breaking, I remember you towing it to 94, but I waited alongside the sled, met up with JT and them while I was waiting for you to come back. I know I posed for some pictures,,,, not that I wanted to or was proud, but I owed it to the tow sled driver!!! That actually was a pretty damned good day, would have been better had that freakin chain lasted another 12 to 14 mile and got me back to the hotel!!!

Yeah but atleast it let go then ..back in the POW it would of been a adventure that's for sure . That was the day after a dumping with wind and we went out south and not the grade . Deep stuff with drifts Anyone gonna try any NEW stomping grounds this season? 288455184
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Dave , just west of fife lk is Kingsley .131 to 113 from Cadillac.
There is a motel there and a gas station..fast food too i think..(Kingsley motel). By looking at the maps that would put you right in the middle of 4 major state land areas for two tracking and not all that hard to get to.
We stop there on sled from the TC loop...nice place ,newer built. We were going to stay there one time to move to the deeper snow at the time ...fair prices too .
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by dooman Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:08 pm

snowmutt wrote:Dave , just west of fife lk is Kingsley .131 to 113 from Cadillac.
There is a motel there and a gas station..fast food too i think..(Kingsley motel). By looking at the maps that would put you right in the middle of 4 major state land areas for two tracking and not all that hard to get to.
We stop there on sled from the TC loop...nice place ,newer built. We were going to stay there one time to move to the deeper snow at the time ...fair prices too .
Rick is right, that area is very nice. Manton limits you, if you ask me, its the fringe of a couple of great areas. you wont regret Manton for sure, but after a weekend there you will see what I mean. you are not far from where I have been riding most of my life. there are plenty of forest roads up that way for sure.

dooman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:07 pm

I am looking into the Hurley area in NE Wis. I read a artical that says the county of IRON has 175,000 acres of off trail areas. WOO HOO ! The only place in Wisconsin you can go off trail leagally. Except forprivate property. Anyone been there, or intrested ?
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down