MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch pin weights

2 posters

Go down

Clutch pin weights Empty Clutch pin weights

Post by dlaine Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 am

Does anyone know what the weights of the 'hollow' and 'solid' pins are on an '08 renegade? The part numbers are 417-222-477 for hollow and 417-004-308 for solid. I have looked all over the net and can't get a definitive answer. Shop manual doesn't say either - just says use solid for under 6000' and hollow for over 6000'!

First run of the year and my sled is pulling low rpms. I pin it and it starts around 7500 and gradually works up to just under 8K. I replaced the rollers over the summer and read somewhere that aftermarket rollers can run heavy. My current thinking is that I need to drop a little weight from the pins so I ordered a set of adjustable weight pins but I can't find what the solid pin weighs to tell me a starting point...

Surprised the heck out of me. I also dropped a tooth on the upper gear so I was expecting problems with over-revving. Last thing I expected was to have problems with low rpms!

In another week I am heading up and hope to spend a day clutch tuning. Wish me luck - never messed with it before...

Thanks!
dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Clutch pin weights Empty Re: Clutch pin weights

Post by kidrocker Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:20 pm

If memory serves me right the hollow pins are 10.0 grams and the solid will be 16.8 or 18.8 but in your case just get a new spring/ same as what you have, also switch out the secondary spring for piece of mind too, should put it back to where it was. Hope this helps. Dave.
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by dlaine Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:00 am

kidrocker wrote:If memory serves me right the hollow pins are 10.0 grams and the solid will be 16.8 or 18.8 but in your case just get a new spring/ same as what you have, also switch out the secondary spring for piece of mind too, should put it back to where it was. Hope this helps. Dave.

Over the summer I put new springs in the primary and secondary. While I was in there I also replaced the primary and secondary rollers with new hi-torque rollers and put new pucks and o-rings in the primary. I was going for more or less a complete rebuild just not touching the bushings as they were still measuring within spec.

I am hoping it is just a case of the new hi-torque rollers being heavier and I need to adjust the pin weight for this and I should be good to go! Adjustable weight pins are already in the mail!

Thanks! This gives me a starting point. Looks like I am going to jump feet-first into the world of clutch tuning. Next I just need some powder so I can test back-shift under load. I was having problems with that last year which is what lead to the rebuild last summer. Figured I would start with fresh stock springs and see where to go from there.

dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down