MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEARING

4 posters

Go down

GEARING Empty GEARING

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:49 pm

This is a question, what are you running for gears ? I know alot of you people run sleds close to what I have. any good gear combos , or bad set ups you have found . I am running stock gears right now, 22/43. I have 21, 24 tops and a 42, and 45 lower. To play with. Any ideas ?
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

GEARING Empty Re: GEARING

Post by dlaine Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:38 am

I am not sure how your engine compares to my '08 600 sdi renegade, but stock mine is 22/45. I just dropped it to 21/45 to try and help the off-trail a little more but haven't found any powder yet to try it in this year (plus I have to play with the clutch a little). Hopefully after next weekend I can report how that worked out.

I think I talked myself into converting it to a paddle track next summer - part of that will be dropping the gearing down to 19/45.

I am not sure how the different drivers affect the gear ratios but I think they are pretty much the same if you are running a 9 tooth 2.52 driver vs a 8 tooth 2.86...

I don't know if that helps at all but figured I could throw it out there!
dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:47 am

Brook ,im running 21/43 on both of our ss's . By dropping one on top there is no difference in mileage or speed.... but does give you more low end grunt . I been wanting to try the 21/45 to get some of the dog leg out of the chain and ive heard it's a ripper with that set up too .

Here's the gear and chain chart that might help you ...pay attention to the ratio in the different combos and chain lengths .
GEARING Doo_ge10

Track drivers also change the gearing in the sense of like dropping or adding 2 teeth on top..... that's from a stock 10 tooth to a 9 tooth driver too, ours are stock 10's 2.52
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Ok Rick thanks for the chart ! As of right now I have it all set as stock. I want to see whats there before I go and change things. I also want to do some gearing changes on my Ice sled. the lakes are freezing hard and its about time for that. 12" of ice and i will be there.
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 am

snowmutt wrote:Brook ,im running 21/43 on both of our ss's . By dropping one on top there is no difference in mileage or speed.... but does give you more low end grunt . I been wanting to try the 21/45 to get some of the dog leg out of the chain and ive heard it's a ripper with that set up too .

Here's the gear and chain chart that might help you ...pay attention to the ratio in the different combos and chain lengths .
GEARING Doo_ge10

Track drivers also change the gearing in the sense of like dropping or adding 2 teeth on top..... that's from a stock 10 tooth to a 9 tooth driver too, ours are stock 10's 2.52
Rick, are you sure you have 10 tooth drivers? I would think you have 9 tooth drivers unless you changed them out.
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:28 am

Brook Rodenbeck wrote:This is a question, what are you running for gears ? I know alot of you people run sleds close to what I have. any good gear combos , or bad set ups you have found . I am running stock gears right now, 22/43. I have 21, 24 tops and a 42, and 45 lower. To play with. Any ideas ?
Brook what is it you what to do? Why do you want to change gears, what is it you are trying to achieve? Dave.
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:55 am

kidrocker wrote:
snowmutt wrote:Brook ,im running 21/43 on both of our ss's . By dropping one on top there is no difference in mileage or speed.... but does give you more low end grunt . I been wanting to try the 21/45 to get some of the dog leg out of the chain and ive heard it's a ripper with that set up too .

GEARING Doo_ge10

Rick, are you sure you have 10 tooth drivers? I would think you have 9 tooth drivers unless you changed them out.

Yep, all rev's came with 10 tooth other then the 440's ,they were 9's from the factory. I thought of going 9 at one time for more clearance for the big lug .
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:00 am

kidrocker wrote:
Brook Rodenbeck wrote:This is a question, what are you running for gears ? I know alot of you people run sleds close to what I have. any good gear combos , or bad set ups you have found . I am running stock gears right now, 22/43. I have 21, 24 tops and a 42, and 45 lower. To play with. Any ideas ?
Brook what is it you what to do? Why do you want to change gears, what is it you are trying to achieve? Dave.

He needs something to get up and over trees !! lol Razz Razz If he can keep the front end up the studs will be like a chipper ..... new way of brushing and riding scratch
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Rick is right on that one ! Dave , i have this great buddy of mine that we have had a competition between us since we started sledding togather. He bought a identical twin to my Renagade 2 weeks after i bought mine . The only difference we have is was his sled has a Cuddney Clutch kit, and a Cuddney head. I just want beat his sled. thats all !! I am hopping the porting work I did was enough with the can I have on my sled. if not i have different gears. I dont know how these sleds run ???
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:11 am

snowmutt wrote:
kidrocker wrote:

He needs something to get up and over trees !! lol Razz Razz If he can keep the front end up the studs will be like a chipper ..... new way of brushing and riding scratch
Not the 03 revs for sure, the 800 and 600ho had 9 tooth, the newer ones have 10 tooth, guess I was wondering what year you had?
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:14 am

Brook Rodenbeck wrote:Rick is right on that one ! Dave , i have this great buddy of mine that we have had a competition between us since we started sledding togather. He bought a identical twin to my Renagade 2 weeks after i bought mine . The only difference we have is was his sled has a Cuddney Clutch kit, and a Cuddney head. I just want beat his sled. thats all !! I am hopping the porting work I did was enough with the can I have on my sled. if not i have different gears. I dont know how these sleds run ???
You say to want to beat him, how many feet/distance are you running? Looking at what he has on his sled, you should be able to beat him without touching yours.
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Dave all i can say is I like Speed ! plain and simple. Even with this Renagade being more of a Fun sled, to me . I still want my sleds to go fast. And I love to tinker with with set ups.
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down