MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just had to vent...

+2
Brook Rodenbeck
Powder Princess
6 posters

Go down

Just had to vent... Empty Just had to vent...

Post by Powder Princess Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:56 pm

One of the things that I've always found interesting, is how snowmobilers sort of band together. You know, sort of like a brotherhood. They look out for one another. Whether they know each other or not. It's actually something that makes me very proud. So you can imagine my disappointment when I got a Facebook message from a friend from High School, who just happens to be an avid snowmobiler too. While up in Mercer (yeah, I know this is Michigan Sledder, but that's splitting hairs) her and her husband stopped for dinner. While they were in there, someone walked off with his helmet. Really!!?? What do we all do? We walk in, and take of everything we can, leave it somewhere out of the way, and enjoy ourselves. When done, we go over to our stuff and do it in reverse. This guy had to drive home, at night, in below zero weather WITHOUT HIS HELMET!!! I cant be alone in my disappointment here. Am I? Anyways, it was a pretty unique helmet. So if any of you find yourselves up in the U.P. and you happen to notice a flat black, Grim Reaper, HJC, dark shield helmet . 3XL no less. Call the guy out on it. It's not a very common helmet from what I'm told. But actually, it's just a heads up for you all to think twice about walking away from your stuff. Until now, I never really did. Toe's helmet set me back a pretty fair amount of money. Mine too, come to think about it. It's well worth it. But for HIM, not whoever wants to walk off with it. Okay.. stepping down off my soapbox now....
Powder Princess
Powder Princess

Back to top Go down

Just had to vent... Empty Re: Just had to vent...

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:00 pm

There isnt much to say ! it just sucks ! I would like to meet the person that took it !
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 pm

That does suck!!! I have always had that fear while stopping from a ride... I always say, what goes around comes around...they will get theirs...;
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

http://www.michigansledder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev-Head Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:07 am

That just plan sucks. Mad
I always try to sit as to see our gear, I worry to much I think. But I hear this alot. The worst part is the ride back.
Rev-Head
Rev-Head

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Some people just stoop very low in life, I dont get it. Im usually very close to my gear at a restaurant or whenever I stop. Guess the saying goes, you can never be too careful. Hope whoever took his helmet gets what he has coming to him.
someone11
someone11

http://www.freewebs.com/nicks-webcam/

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:45 pm

I know what you mean PP
I my self helped a total stranger this wknd .. in fact 3 or 4 ? now that you think of it not counting our $$ expense to the area? . It does have a brotherhood about it being sledders ... but their are those bad apples that spoil the good unfortunately..sad.
It's all about money and people that don't give a crap ! , they want it and/ or cant pay for it, so they steel from ones labor Just had to vent... 2306309830

I always worry about our stuff too , you can only do so much . If they want it , they'll get it .

Did help another kitty though??... got stuck in the sand box ? Shocked Laughing Laughing
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum