MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goggles

+2
someone11
kidrocker
6 posters

Go down

Goggles Empty Goggles

Post by kidrocker Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Need a little bit of help in the goggle area folks. Who likes what and why, Thanks, Dave.

Last edited by kidrocker on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Goggles Empty Re: Goggles

Post by someone11 Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:58 am

I think mine are the scott OTG 87 goggles. They are a little older but they work well for me. Dont fog up and fit snuggly on my face. The new OTG's by scott are probably pretty good as well.
someone11
someone11

http://www.freewebs.com/nicks-webcam/

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 am

someone11 wrote:I think mine are the scott OTG 87 goggles. They are a little older but they work well for me. Dont fog up and fit snuggly on my face. The new OTG's by scott are probably pretty good as well.
Thanks Nick!
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by puree Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 am

I have the 509 Aviators and Sinisters, as well as a pair of Oakley Crowbars. I liked the Oakleys until I bought the 509 Sinisters,,,, wow, havent wore the Oakleys since. I then bought the Aviators last year at Novi and have wore them for a year. I hear that some people have trouble with them fogging so they stay with the sinisters,,, I myself havent had problems with either of the 509's fogging. I bought a few lenses for both so I can swap them out as needed. Personally, I wear my aviators 90% of the time and I throw on the sinisters in the right sunlight (only have the yellow chromed lense for them). I have been wearing a HJC open face and both of the 509's fit it pretty good,,, just bought the 509 helmet at Novi this year, so the fit should be even better.

Dave, you are more than welcome to try either or all 3 of mine if youd like,,,, but to do that you would have to be on the first ride,,, huh,,, Goggles 542953154

So will either see you between christmas and New years just south of Wetmore,,,, or sooner if the weather lets us.
puree
puree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sngsht Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:26 pm

I used the Scott 89XI goggles last year with no fogging issues at all, paired with a Ski Doo SnoCross style lid.. The only drawback I found with them , was the loss of peripheral vision which seems to be a common issue with them all.. Bought some Aviators @ Novi ,which seem to have a much better field of view.. Fogging remains to be seen, and seemed like there was a slight halo effect in the right light , but I'm not thinking wearing them in Brians truck and the kitchen lol! provide a good real world test Goggles 3823078005
Sngsht
Sngsht

https://www.facebook.com/1200Doo

Back to top Go down

Post by dooman Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:39 pm

I would stay away from the OTG frame unless I was wearing glasses. they are over the glasses frames, bigger and a little more bulky. I realize the goggle provides some protection, I have often wondered other than that why guys are not using a 7 eye (previously panoptics) style shades that have the foam eye cup. they are essentially a mini goggle with awesome vision.

dooman

Back to top Go down

Post by jtkennedy9 Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:10 pm

I love the Sinisters, too...bought a second pair this year...also bought the Aviators to try out...Sinisters have been selling like crazy at all the shows, so they must be doing something right...you will want either a clear lens for the Sinisters to use at night, or, if you don't like to change lenses (like me), I use the Scott 89XI Turbos...they work very well, too...
jtkennedy9
jtkennedy9

http://www.klim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 pm

dooman wrote:I would stay away from the OTG frame unless I was wearing glasses. they are over the glasses frames, bigger and a little more bulky. I realize the goggle provides some protection, I have often wondered other than that why guys are not using a 7 eye (previously panoptics) style shades that have the foam eye cup. they are essentially a mini goggle with awesome vision.
Thanks Barry! Much appreciated. cheers
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 pm

jtkennedy9 wrote:I love the Sinisters, too...bought a second pair this year...also bought the Aviators to try out...Sinisters have been selling like crazy at all the shows, so they must be doing something right...you will want either a clear lens for the Sinisters to use at night, or, if you don't like to change lenses (like me), I use the Scott 89XI Turbos...they work very well, too...
Thanks Road Kill!
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by puree Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:17 pm

ROAD KILL ROAD KILL ROAD KILL ROAD KILL ROAD KILL

Goggles 288455184
puree
puree

Back to top Go down