MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatter Box communicators

+2
kidrocker
snowmutt
6 posters

Go down

Chatter Box  communicators Empty Chatter Box communicators

Post by snowmutt Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Well today I decided to get the communicators set up(Chatter Box gmrsX1). Been doing the full drain / re-charge and now it's time to wire the lid .
In the past I've seen them mounted on passer bys . Most of them are leaning out or just not mounted secure enough.
Some reviews clam the mounting bracket is a pain on some helmets doo to the way their made.
Ours are going on DOO's modular's ....one of the tricky ones .

Here's what I did to the bracket and made it more secure to the lid rather then that clip... which won't work to well on some lids.
By drilling 3 holes, i mounted it right to the side of the helmet. Also you can see the wire runs under the bracket to hold it snug from snags.
Chatter Box  communicators Img00220
Chatter Box  communicators Img00221
The mic runs in the tube where the tube and mask connect.
...part 2
The PTT button (push to talk) Rolling Eyes Smile

snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box  communicators Empty Re: Chatter Box communicators

Post by kidrocker Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:07 pm

snowmutt wrote:Well today I decided to get the communicators set up(Chatter Box gmrsX1). Been doing the full drain / re-charge and now it's time to wire the lid .
In the past I've seen them mounted on passer bys . Most of them are leaning out or just not mounted secure enough.
Some reviews clam the mounting bracket is a pain on some helmets doo to the way their made.
Ours are going on DOO's modular's ....one of the tricky ones .

Here's what I did to the bracket and made it more secure to the lid rather then that clip... which won't work to well on some lids.
By drilling 3 holes, i mounted it right to the side of the helmet. Also you can see the wire runs under the bracket to hold it snug from snags.
Chatter Box  communicators Img00220
Chatter Box  communicators Img00221
The mic runs in the tube where the tube and mask connect.
...part 2
The PTT button (push to talk) Rolling Eyes Smile Looks real nice, good clean fit!

kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks Dave , making them user friendly Wink

Well I have one ? .... How do the mic's hold up to moisture ?? Little concerned being in the mask ?

PT..2

I'm looking at placement of the PTT button.....
So far I think it will be on the front of the RH block... 2 ways it can go ..it's just a pc of Velcro.

My way of thinking is to mount it vertical on the block for moisture protection. Other way is laying it down ..subject to moisture.... what ya think ...50/50 here Rolling Eyes

Chatter Box  communicators Img00310

Chatter Box  communicators Img00311
...or..
Chatter Box  communicators Img00312
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:55 pm

I mounted mine on the left grip with velcro. Its wrapped all the way around the grip....I have had no issues
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

http://www.michigansledder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:18 pm

BMorgan wrote:I mounted mine on the left grip with velcro. Its wrapped all the way around the grip....I have had no issues
Yup, I did the same thing, no issues at all. Then I went to the voice activated, but after a year, gave them up.
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by puree Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Rick, I wonder if mine is different than yours,,, mine has a loop of velcro on it and I simply wrapped it around the handlebar,,, Doesnt your have the loop to wrap that way? or are you wanting to mount it more secure?? One thing I noticed with mine, is the push to talk piece is the one piece I have replaced a few times. This would be why I wouldnt want to mount it permanant. If you do choose permanent, I would go with the button the way you have it in the pic with your hand on it. Looks very user friendly that way.
puree
puree

Back to top Go down

Post by snow4mydooplz Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:21 am

kidrocker wrote:
BMorgan wrote:I mounted mine on the left grip with velcro. Its wrapped all the way around the grip....I have had no issues
Yup, I did the same thing, no issues at all. Then I went to the voice activated, but after a year, gave them up.
Yeah but you need to get it back.. You know you want to tell me to slow down and that you can't keep up.. YOU always tend to get behind me on rides........LOL !!!
snow4mydooplz
snow4mydooplz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev-Head Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 am

snow4mydooplz wrote:
kidrocker wrote:
Yeah but you need to get it back.. You know you want to tell me to slow down and that you can't keep up.. YOU always tend to get behind me on rides........LOL !!!

That is as long as you don't doo circles, and fall off. Chatter Box  communicators 288455184 How have you been? Chatter Box  communicators 2318749458
Rev-Head
Rev-Head

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Yes I have the velcro strap but I was thinking more not on the bar and out of the way..yet convenient.
I have tons of velcro , non and adhesive types to mount it .

snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:29 pm

snowmutt wrote:Yes I have the velcro strap but I was thinking more not on the bar and out of the way..yet convenient.
I have tons of velcro , non and adhesive types to mount it .

I have never had an issue with it being in the way at all. If I remember right, I might have slid the brake/control block in a bit for a little more room on the grip
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Truthfully the button is really not to big of a deal..ill have to try it when we can .

On the other hand I have a concern on the mic's now that I walked around the house ..and out raking leaves with our lids on Shocked

1..moisture from in the mask, will it mess with them ?
2.. voices are very muffled..thinking to close to the mouth. I have them behind the felt in the mask but the mic takes up alot of room in there. Think we need a fitting and see just how much room is up in the nose tip area and move it there... maybe a mask mod Rolling Eyes
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:46 pm

I have had mine soaking wet...they are designed to be that way. You will be all right. You may want to mount them a little higher in the mask so they are not sitting in spit!!!
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Well if you see a puff a smoke come out of my lid ...I just shorted out ! What a Face lol!

I think I'll have room there , but snow4..we know how she lies lol!
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by puree Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:49 am

when I was running the mod helmet, I mounted mine up higher in the mask,,, never mounted it behind the felt. Never really had a bad problem with it. by chance, did you take the windsock off the mic?? I took mine off so I had more room in there and never had any issues with it.
puree
puree

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:55 pm

puree wrote:when I was running the mod helmet, I mounted mine up higher in the mask,,, never mounted it behind the felt. Never really had a bad problem with it. by chance, did you take the windsock off the mic?? I took mine off so I had more room in there and never had any issues with it.

That's what I was thinking ,,high up. Right now their just laying free inside, so that big slug looking thing can come off ? That would make a big difference in size , looks like it's glued on ? hmm

Now how can you make a snap tighter?..so it stays on ! Mad
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum