MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving...

+6
jtkennedy9
dlaine
snow4mydooplz
Rev-Head
puree
someone11
10 posters

Go down

A lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving... Empty A lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving...

Post by someone11 Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:37 am

I am thankful for my life and my family this thanksgiving. I got in to an accident coming home wednesday night. I rear ended a mini-van. We were doing about 60mph and I dont know if the mini van was stopped or moving very slow. So we went from 60-0 in about a second. Everyone is ok, just very sore. Im pretty sure I got whiplash and my truck didnt have airbags so we're both sore from the seatbelts. I just hope everyone thinks twice about taking their life or others for granted this holiday season. It was sure an experience for me and it could have been a lot worse. Vehicles are replaceable, lives are not. I only took a couple pictures of the truck when we got to the salvage yard. Ill be going back to the truck hopefully on saturday to get everything (including my boat).

If the frame of the truck isnt bent and the motor isnt cracked we may try to fix it up. If it is bent and whatnot my dad is probably going to buy the truck and use the parts off of it for his plow truck. My truck and his truck parts are almost completely interchangeable. Everything on my truck should bolt right up to his.

Last edited by someone11 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Took pics down)
someone11
someone11

http://www.freewebs.com/nicks-webcam/

Back to top Go down

A lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving... Empty Re: A lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving...

Post by puree Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:58 am

Nick, I am glad to hear you guys were not seriously injured,,,, many times we overlook the little
things in life, take them for granted per say. We really need to just stop and look around us a
little more often, to soak up all life has to offer. We also need to tell loved ones how we feel each
and every day as we never know when that day could happen that you dont have that chance,,,

again, glad you guys were ok and you said it right, vehicles are replaceable, people are not.

puree
puree

Back to top Go down

A lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving... Empty Re: A lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving...

Post by Rev-Head Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:53 am

Glad you guys are ok.
Rev-Head
Rev-Head

Back to top Go down

Post by snow4mydooplz Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:43 am

WoW.....So happy your all ok....
snow4mydooplz
snow4mydooplz

Back to top Go down

Post by dlaine Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 am

Glad everyone is ok! People stop in the darndest places...

dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 am

dlaine wrote:Glad everyone is ok! People stop in the darndest places...

dave

Thats the part that frustrates me the most. Ill try to explain what happened...

I seen someone was pulled over ahead of me. I seen the police lights and tow truck lights so I pulled over to the far lane. I checked traffic wayyyy ahead of me and it was moving through just fine and nobody was slowing down. So I figured I was safe to go on through and wouldnt have any problems. When I got just before the accident (someone hit a deer...didnt know until after my accident because I was watching the road and not who got pulled over) I dont know if I looked off to the side of the road or if I spaced out for a second or what, all I remember is looking up and theres a mini van basically stopped dead in front of us about 30 yards away. I had about 2 seconds to slam on the brakes and brace for impact. My girlfriend was in the car and luckily she was asleep, because she didnt tense up like I did. Its just crazy how fast these things happen. Im always gonna wonder why that van was stopped. Apparently there was a car in front of the van that got bumped when I hit the van. My only guess is people were rubber necking and not driving. I guess I will never know.

I will say that being in a 3/4ton truck probably saved us a lot of injuries, I can only imagine what it would have been like if we were in my girlfriends little pontiac.
someone11
someone11

Back to top Go down

Post by jtkennedy9 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:55 am

Glad everyone is okay, Nick!
jtkennedy9
jtkennedy9

http://www.klim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sngsht Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:56 am

Shows how life can change in a instant! Good that everyone is O.K.!
Sngsht
Sngsht

https://www.facebook.com/1200Doo

Back to top Go down

Post by BATDooBee Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:08 am

Glad you two are OK. It really shakes you up when you realize what could have happened. I am convinced there are reasons for everything that happens...it sometimes takes a while to understand it though.
BATDooBee
BATDooBee

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Glad you two are ok .
Looks like the front end is ok ..wheels arn't shoved back . Check the motor mounts , you might be lucky and it's mostly cosmetic ??
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by raceguy Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Wow....

Glad to hear that you're both fine Nick!
raceguy
raceguy

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Well, its worse than what we thought. The truck did start, but the whole front end is shifted about 3 inches towards the passengers side. When you look at the front and rear wheels on the passenger side, the front is sticking out about 3 inches from the rear. And the frame does look bent.
someone11
someone11

Back to top Go down

Post by raceguy Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:40 pm

That's too bad Nick....but the good news may be that your Dads plow truck could have a donor for parts?
raceguy
raceguy

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:13 am

raceguy wrote:That's too bad Nick....but the good news may be that your Dads plow truck could have a donor for parts?

yeah he might, the truck is in my step dads name, hes not sure what he wants to do yet. My dad wants it real bad. He needs the tranny and wants my tires. And then just to keep it around for parts since the rear end is fine.
someone11
someone11

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Does anybody needs parts off of a 94 chevy 2500? Gonna part it out. Let me know.
someone11
someone11

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Truck is pending sale right now. My dad may buy the truck so if you need parts i can give you his number.
someone11
someone11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum