MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Cat review

3 posters

Go down

The New Cat review Empty The New Cat review

Post by kidrocker Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Got to get 230+ miles on the green hornet, all I can say is wow!!!! Cat hit a home run with this one!!! Very happy to say the least. Maybe more will pipe in. Overall love the sled, glad I came back to Cat after many years. alien The New Cat review 1883264883
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

The New Cat review Empty Re: The New Cat review

Post by dlaine Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:44 am

I loved cat back in the 80's and 90's. First sled I bought was an '80 Jag 340. Next one was a '87 El Tigre 6000. Awesome sleds!

Last time I was out west I rented an M8 - great sled!

I could see myself going back to Cat someday - depends on which way they go with their engines. I don't like 4 stroke (too heavy) and it looks like that is the way cat is headed...

It's great you love yours! I have wanted to take a newer one out for a spin but never had the chance yet. One of these days!

dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev-Head Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:26 am

So Dave, lets hear pro and con of new sled compared to old sled. I know you only have 230 miles seat time.( LUCKY BASTARD ) I would love to hear what you think.
Rev-Head
Rev-Head

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:19 am

Honestly Dean, if you were to blind fold me and put me on my old 1200 4-stroke I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference in the ride, almost identical. The only way I would know would be the throttle response, this thing is sneaky fast. I racked up over 6000 miles with two skidoo 1200's and the ride has to go to the Cat hands down. It has the fox shocks all the way around absolutely no comparison to the KYB's. In the corners the Cat responds like the XR chassis with a little push, this can be overcome by blipping the throttle with no inside ski lift like the doo. I had the stock 4 inch carbides on the ski's also, will be switching those out when we get more snow. I left the suspension on the softest setting in the rear, no bottoming out at all jumped her pretty good to test the suspension. I have the sno pro so the shocks would be comparable to the X package doo. The sled is a little colder than the XR as there is hardly any windshield, but I added hand guards, doesn't really help that much. The throttle is not touchy like the 1200 doo, that is a shocker to most that ride the doo, as the throttle on the doo is like a car accelerator it goes right now! The Cat doesn't have that, which I like, not as much engine brake in the Cat either. Overall it rides like a Cadillac, and accelerates like a Vette. I am glad that I went back to Cat this year. It's like riding a 1200 doo on steroids. It has the power I wish the doo would have had. I think Skidoo has dropped the ball with not getting more than 130-135 hp out of their 4-stroke. I just wanted a little more grunt out of my doo, so I pretty much have it now. In a nutshell, this sled will be in my garage for a long time, however, everyone that knows me would tell you if it didn't perform well, and ride well, it would have been down the road the next day. LOL...
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev-Head Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:02 am

Great report, now you got me thinking. Mad When you get her broke in let me know how you doo on gas mileage.
Rev-Head
Rev-Head

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:22 am

Rev-Head wrote:Great report, now you got me thinking. Mad When you get her broke in let me know how you doo on gas mileage.
Buddy and I have the same sleds. We both got over 14mpg varying the throttle. I have 232 miles, he has just over 100 miles, and yes, they have both been WFO. Should get better around 1000 miles, will keep you posted.
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

The New Cat review Empty Here a picture of the maiden voyage

Post by kidrocker Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 am

The New Cat review Img_0026
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content