MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presque Isle, WI

3 posters

Go down

Presque Isle, WI Empty Presque Isle, WI

Post by Powder Princess Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:06 pm

So, we're heading up Monday to ride out of the Presque Isle, Wi area. Never really ridden around there. Done Hurley..Done Eagle River area, but this is new to us. Any suggestions?
Powder Princess
Powder Princess

Back to top Go down

Presque Isle, WI Empty Re: Presque Isle, WI

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Hey PP , I sent PM.
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by dooman Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:37 am

Brook Rodenbeck wrote:Hey PP , I sent PM.

share your suggestions with the rest of the forum. defeating the purpose of using one .

dooman

Back to top Go down

Post by Powder Princess Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Hey Brook, sorry I didn't call you, but I didn't know if the was a "Mrs. Rodenbeck" and I was concerned about calling. Not all women would be cool about another woman calling... Even if it was about snowmobiling. That being said..... OMG!!! Worst trail conditions I've ever had the "pleasure" of riding. Cut our trip short, and are heading home as we speak. I believe that after yesterday's ride, I am qualified to say that I am now a Snow-X rider! Brutal!!! And that's the most flattering word I can come up with. We rode out of Presque Isle. Got there Monday early afternoon, and hit the trails by about 2pm. Rode the loop hitting Boulder Junction, Manitawish, Manitawish Waters, and back. Wasn't horrible, but a far cry from good. We were just happy to be riding. Tuesday was another story. Warm temps and no new snow really took its toll on the trails. Rode out through Bessemer, Ironwood, Hurly and finally into Saxon. We did 200+ miles, on the worst trail conditions that I've ever seen. By the time we got back, every part of my body (and Bill's) hurt. And I found a whole new level of exhaustion. Some were so bad, we opted for road rashing just to keep from paralizing ourselves. Billy burned through a brand new set of carbides and broke off 3 idler wheels. And with snow so bad on the trails, the roads had NOTHING on them. I sure wish there was a web site with "truthfull" conditions listed. Not the retorick (sp) their sponsers pay them to write. No snow planned up there anytime soon. If your planning on going, give it another thought. I'd hate to see you waste your $, or put your sleds thru that kind of a pounding for nothing. So this "Snow-X rider" is going home and soaking my beat up body in the hot tub until my skin prunes! I only hope someone, somewhere, is getting in some good riding!
Powder Princess
Powder Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:43 pm

posted this wrong

Last edited by Brook Rodenbeck on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:56 pm

PP, dont worry about that, what she thinks is not a problem ! anyways , I just got back from up there on Sat and I found great snow north. Wis trails are gone ! they were terrible Fri when i went to Eagle River. But NO you dont call me back. haha ! sorry to hear you had a bad time up there. I could of told you to go north. You know that other state !
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:37 pm

dooman wrote:
Brook Rodenbeck wrote:Hey PP , I sent PM.

share your suggestions with the rest of the forum. defeating the purpose of using one .
No way its a secret !!! haha.
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum