MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noisies from the hutt ??

4 posters

Go down

Noisies from the hutt ?? Empty Noisies from the hutt ??

Post by snowmutt Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Hey all.. ,been a busy summer , lots of change some good some bad , you know .."life"
A summer of jumping into the quad world has been a new adventure .. now have 3 of them!
Papa mutt bought the grandson (4) lil pup his own . Still need some training and bugs worked out of his ride , but he's tickled pink about it... and so am I Wink

In the mean time Ive been out in the woods every chance i could making new trails in the area to play on . Funny thing .. every time I collaborate a route , I stop and think .. how would it work on a sled Twisted Evil !

... but mainly to stop in and say Hi and hope everyone has a good and safe season .

.... Found myself doing this a little more now that the air has turned cooler Embarassed
...projector and screen = saddle up ! .. need a teeter stand for my sled though.. would love to feel a fluffy carve about now Wink
... snow4 thought the grandson was playing with his cars !!! Laughing

http://vimeo.com/21504996
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Noisies from the hutt ?? Empty Re: Noisies from the hutt ??

Post by BMorgan Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:06 am

that video was hilarious!!! Glad to see ya around Mutt!
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

http://www.michigansledder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sngsht Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Hahaha, I bet those were the noises Brian was making sitting on that new Etec this summer!!
Sngsht
Sngsht

https://www.facebook.com/1200Doo

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Yep!!
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

http://www.michigansledder.com

Back to top Go down

Noisies from the hutt ?? Empty noise in the Hutt

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 pm

sounds great Rick ! also that video was f-n helarious ! has Nolen got his 120 yet ?? I know of 6 used 120s at a shop !
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:16 pm

No Mini yet..
Need to get this quad right and he has some time to grow yet ..small 4yr old . mom and dad short ! lol
I had to put blocks on his quad for his feet to touch

.. the day it came home . Maybe i'll do a little write up on it , bunch of pics and clips from day one teardown to lil pup seeing it for the 1st time .. and riding it . Had his 1st rolly Shocked ... on tape !
Noisies from the hutt ?? 00811
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sngsht Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 am

We had one of those for my youngest, I think I rode it more than he did hahahaha! The older boys were supposed to be watching him one day,didn't keep a close eye on him and he rode it thru a single wire fence- wire caught his neck and ripped him off the back .Thank god he wasn't going fast it left a nasty welt but could have been much,much worse!! He really never rode it again after that-kinda ruined him for anything with a motor for a long time..To say I was pissed at them would be a understatement lol.. Hey Rick how did those Kawasaki's treat you this summer??
Sngsht
Sngsht

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:02 am

Sngsht wrote:We had one of those for my youngest, I think I rode it more than he did hahahaha! The older boys were supposed to be watching him one day,didn't keep a close eye on him and he rode it thru a single wire fence- wire caught his neck and ripped him off the back .Thank god he wasn't going fast it left a nasty welt but could have been much,much worse!! He really never rode it again after that-kinda ruined him for anything with a motor for a long time..To say I was pissed at them would be a understatement lol.. Hey Rick how did those Kawasaki's treat you this summer??

Yes it's a fun little thing to ride Twisted Evil I was riding it around trying to get the bugs worked out of it .
Get it up in the R's and it has a bit of pep for a little 40cc . I just need to figure out why it wont start after its hot , totally rebuilt it , very unpredictable , may run for only 10 min or Ive had it running for a hour and never mis a beat .. very finicky scratch
As for our KAW's ... we love them . We go for rides every wknd for a rip around home here . Not the most powerful units but sure is fun to mess around on , 45mph on a short wheel base toy is fast enough for me ! I been using mine as a little work horse for trail making , pulled some pretty big tress out of the way and been pulling a drag through the trails . Did'nt get up north with them much due to work and not to wild about the dusty conditions you have to put up with when its so dry.
All in all they were the best bang for the buck for a toy to play on when the white stuff is missing.

Sure glad the good lord was looking out for your little one . Lil pup was a bit spooked , but got right back on after papa explained...and pointed out why a helmet is good Wink . That was at the tail end of summer and we havent rode it much since , still today ill ask him ..what do you do when you want to turn? .. he says .. slow down.. use my brake lol.
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sngsht Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:07 pm

snowmutt wrote:[quote.what do you do when you want to turn? .. he says .. slow down.. use my brake lol.

Good deal, great he's listening to your advice! Ours was finicky starting also,I kinda think the float setting was a bit high ,it seemed to run rich. I though it could use a bigger pipe too,it was so small maybe 1/2-5/8ths id and would glow red even when you ran it on a stand with no load, maybe unburnt fuel burning in the pipe??
Sngsht
Sngsht

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 am

Sngsht wrote:
snowmutt wrote:[quote.what do you do when you want to turn? .. he says .. slow down.. use my brake lol.

Good deal, great he's listening to your advice! Ours was finicky starting also,I kinda think the float setting was a bit high ,it seemed to run rich. I though it could use a bigger pipe too,it was so small maybe 1/2-5/8ths id and would glow red even when you ran it on a stand with no load, maybe unburnt fuel burning in the pipe??

Yeah, thats what i think it is too .. a carb issue . Ive had the carb to 2 different small engine places and they have told me it is fine . The throttle barrel is wore and I thought its leaking air . I tried a different carb (diagram style) but it would flood from the gravity feed as it was to much for the diagram and would weep past it .
The carb and trigger module off the the flywheel are the only 2 things thats not new ... and the wiring harness.
getting wet plug but no fire ... has spark....OUCH !!! Suspect
Washed and cleaned the pipe was one of the 1st things I did. Recommended mix for this ..as it says on the tank 25;1..rich ! I mixed 4oz of brp mineral to 1 gal .. close to 30;1 Most scooters run 32;1 with same engine.
This thing was a mess when I got it, but knew that there's not that much to a 2 stroke to fix it .. and the price was a deal . I have 400 into it now and that is with a whole new mill, coil, airbox,gaskets and recoil

When the guy said it dies when hot and hard starting warm , rings and carb clicked in my mind ..easy fix Wink
This all started on him just as his boy was outgrowing it .. so I really thought rings from him pushing it in the high R's
One other thing I was going to try is ... There is a hp coil for these mills in the scooter world out there and had a deal made till the guy turn out to be a dick and I broke all bis with him. So much of one , he tried to make a pay-pal account off my bank card affraid
... just thinking maybe not a good enough spark to fire the fuel mix, plus it would eliminate the trigger module that triggers from a tab on the flywheel.... the tab is known to come loose and explode the flywheel.
Haven't been able to find this coil anywhere else yet to try it ... another 60 dollar part !. new carb is 130 .

Eton upgraded the carb after 05 0n these and went with a bigger main jet and carb body style .. mine is a 02
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sngsht Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Ours was a four stroke,maybe 05-06? I bought it new ,but it would do the same thing as your,gas would weep past. If you park it with the front facing down hill, gas would event seep out of the front of the carb. You know the ignition timing being a bit late(retarded) would probably have similar symptoms too.I never did get it figured out,just learned to work around it hahah. Does your have the remote kill also? That was a feature I really liked!
Sngsht
Sngsht

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum