MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

toy diary....

2 posters

Go down

toy diary.... Empty toy diary....

Post by snowmutt Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 am

Do you keep a toy diary on your toys ?
As age climbs my memory is fading on me from yr to yr on what was done and what needs done .
With 5 toys in the hutt and all the norm of keeping the other things in service im loosing track scratch

Last yr I did some stuff to mine (chaincase, raves ....) and found nothing so I skipped it on the other since we ride about the same cond and times.

Since last yr was a bust for riding ...1 day Sad and the new quads this spring . All i did was treat the fuel and tucked them away. ..... heck I dont even remember if I greased them .

So here we are .. a new season . When I did the switch from quads on the trailer to sleds up on deck . I added some fresh treated fuel , wiped them down , a little polish, a shot of grease and fired them up.

All switch over and ready Wink
This yr I decided to skip all the tearing down cleaning and checking that normally I do. Heck my chain lube was still clear from last yr and every time ive cleaned the carbs they were spotless. So...I cheated this yr and passed on all that . If it wasn't obvious then it was good to go.
But I find my self asking .. what gear do i have in this one ? , whats the comp ? , what wts in the clutch? . With 2 sleds with 2 different set ups .. and now 3 new toys to keep in check . I think its time to start writing things down .

This yr Im going to start a file on each toy to help keep my specs and set ups in check... or just start leaving things alone Shocked ...not ! Surprised

snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

toy diary.... Empty Re: toy diary....

Post by dlaine Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 pm

I spent the money on the shop manual for mine. In the notes section in the back I have been keeping detailed information on what I have done to it. I can't remember anything so I don't even try!!

My big question is if this will help or hurt when I try to sell the sled...

"You replaced the s-module HOW many times?!?!?! Shocked "

Laughing

dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

I need to sit down and get it organized. with the maintenance on everything cars,sleds,quads. That alone I loose track of things ..what was done when and to what ?
Then there's the mods Rolling Eyes ... clutch wts , springs and what not .
Want to get into the clutching on my quad in the future too .

Time to get the pencil out and have a session with each study
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum