MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your sled's STATUS...?

+6
dlaine
Sngsht
jtkennedy9
someone11
kidrocker
snowmutt
10 posters

Go down

Your sled's STATUS...? Empty Your sled's STATUS...?

Post by snowmutt Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Well leaves are fallen , chill in the air and few snow flakes have been spotted.
So.. what's your sleds status ..you ready yet ? ,what have you been doing to it ?..what's left? Your sled's STATUS...? 1322791098

We dropped our's off the bed today , going to give the trailer a quick check over.
Then it's to finish the sleds up , clean raves,carbs and detail them up. Were sporting a new look for this year , few changes to mine and Snow4's made a move to change things up too . Every thing checks out and ready to go ..just a few little details .
Oh details ...that list seems to get longer as time gets closer scratch

pics to come......

snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Your sled's STATUS...? Empty Re: Your sled's STATUS...?

Post by kidrocker Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Nice, can't wait to see the pictures Rick! Mine hasn't hit the dealer yet, still waiting for it to be delivered. Sad
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by someone11 Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Might start mine up for the first time since last winter this thanksgiving...if I have time. Dont know how much riding I will be doing on my sled this year, havent even renewed the registration yet, plus I heard trail stickers have gone up, not looking good for me on my sled this year No
someone11
someone11

http://www.freewebs.com/nicks-webcam/

Back to top Go down

Post by jtkennedy9 Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:49 am

Dropped mine off Wed...
jtkennedy9
jtkennedy9

http://www.klim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Switch and shimmed the 6.9's today bounce
After drilling out for the outside bars , i put the 4"s out and 6"s on the center.
Made a shim out of some alum stock and placed it in place , balance was a bit even to front heavy.
Your sled's STATUS...? Img00215
Mounted them back up w/ the extra wear bar on the inside ...tip front pow-rider for carving Wink .
Your sled's STATUS...? 02810
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sngsht Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Looks good! I think I'm gonna swap sides with 6.9's too (and shim)
Sngsht
Sngsht

https://www.facebook.com/1200Doo

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Looks good Rick, quality workmanship for sure!
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by dlaine Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:00 pm

What is behind swapping sides on the skis? After one year of running with no bar on the outside my skis were all chewed up on the outer edges. Or do you not run down the sides of plowed roads? Very Happy

Last spring I wasn't able to hold rpms in deep snow / powder. Lakes I could hit 8100 and keep it there all day. As soon as I dropped into powder I would start to lose rpms until I got to about 6500 or so. I tore down both clutches and put new springs, rollers, pucks and o-rings in. I also checked the bushings and they are within spec but close. If I still have problems I will replace them next.

I also dropped a tooth on the upper gear - now I am running 21/45 with the 1.25" ripsaw. I got a new chain and put that in as well. Book says to go with a 102 link chain (from 106 with 22/45) and man is that tight to get on!!! I ended up using the 'qrs removal tool' to keep the upper sprocket lined up while I wiggled the bottom sprocket on. Tool just paid for itself with that use alone!

Unfortunately I stripped out most of the chaincase threads. Got them fixed with heli-coils and put in regular bolts (threw away the self-tapping ones it came with) - shouldn't strip out again now!

I also saw that my e-module cracked again where I had it welded last year. Seeing as the springs are not rubbing in the a-arms I think I will just run it this way this year and replace it next summer. My riding partner likes it a lot better when my front end is already half-broken. I am much more willing to go into 'interesting' places... Twisted Evil

Next spring I plan on getting the machine back home for a real tear-down and fixing session. Replace the cracked e-module and anything else needed to straighten out the front end again (upper pyramid, s-module, etc). While it is that far apart I will replace the throttle cable (it is starting to fray a little at the oil pump) and replace all drive shaft and jack shaft bearings. After the front-end is straight I will add grip-and-rip braces all around - see if I can sacrifice the a-arms next time and keep the e and s modules intact. Might upgrade to an rpm composites skid plate as well if I can get the funding. The skid plate and new shocks will fit anything '08-'12 so far. If I upgrade in the next couple of years I can bring along the more expensive add-on parts with me... Very Happy

dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by PowRider Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:18 pm

The ski swap simply allows for easier carving and sidehilling in the deep stuff and has really no affect on the trail side. This is mostly due to the fact that you are not trying to roll the sled over the outside runner but instead have the flat portion to overcome. I have never run a second bar on my skis and do notice a little bit of wear but if I do get in low snow conditions the center runner keeps the outer/inner from even touching the ground.

Have you checked your motor mounts Dlaine? It looks like you have an 08 which I have as well and have had similiar issues. I didn't get a rpm drop down to 6500 but maybe around 7200 on a big hill climb. The biggest issue here is engine movement, I noticed mine when taking my primary off as I could see the motor flexing a ton when using the clutch puller. I found the best fix was to upgrade to the blue engine stopper (p/n 512060488) which is approx 3/16 thicker than the red 08 stopper, and epoxing my pto engine mounts which really firmed them up. Its also very possible that your motor mounts may already be torn from the cup they mount in as this is also a common issue.
PowRider
PowRider

Back to top Go down

Post by dlaine Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:47 pm

PowRider wrote:Have you checked your motor mounts Dlaine? It looks like you have an 08 which I have as well and have had similiar issues. I didn't get a rpm drop down to 6500 but maybe around 7200 on a big hill climb. The biggest issue here is engine movement, I noticed mine when taking my primary off as I could see the motor flexing a ton when using the clutch puller. I found the best fix was to upgrade to the blue engine stopper (p/n 512060488) which is approx 3/16 thicker than the red 08 stopper, and epoxing my pto engine mounts which really firmed them up. Its also very possible that your motor mounts may already be torn from the cup they mount in as this is also a common issue.

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't heard that one - I will check the next time I go up for a visit!

dave
dlaine
dlaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:02 pm

well I have the Renagade all put togather. Gassed up, coolant in, gear lube in,belt on, pulled it over a few times, gas to carbs, NO F--n spark ! now to figure out what other problems I bought that I didnt know about. YIPPI !!!!
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrocker Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:10 am

Brook Rodenbeck wrote:well I have the Renagade all put togather. Gassed up, coolant in, gear lube in,belt on, pulled it over a few times, gas to carbs, NO F--n spark ! now to figure out what other problems I bought that I didnt know about. YIPPI !!!!
Brook, make sure all of the plugs are connected. There is one just in front of the air box that connects your coil wires/spark plugs. First thing I would check. Hope this helps.
kidrocker
kidrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm

I have done the third , fourth, and fifth time looking at connections and plugs. They are good . not sure you know the story, I bought this sled durring March last season. It was a blown up motor job. I received a big box of parts (allready taken off sled). a complete chassis with a junk lower half of a engine in sled yet. So I dont know what was all bad to begin with ? just hope it is somthin simple. Heres a question, is there any common problem with the ignition systems on these that anyone has herd of ?
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by BATDooBee Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:12 am

Ours are at the dealers getting prettied up for the season. With Rev-Head working nights & me working days, we don't have time to work on them this year.
Here's hopin' next year we get a new pair of Doos cheers
BATDooBee
BATDooBee

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:27 pm

carb's done , been puttn it off for a while now. Figure better get then done while it's warm . Just need to get fresh fuel before I fire them up, bout 1 gal of old treated in there .
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by raceguy Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:19 pm

We're all set to go here....sleds ready, trailer ready.

We're hoping it snows for Snodeo in Old Forge, NY. Very Happy
raceguy
raceguy

Back to top Go down

Post by BATDooBee Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 am

Sleds came home in the snow yesterday...all ready to go for opening day today, but.....no snow :-(
BATDooBee
BATDooBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down