MichiganSledder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And so my problem continues....

+3
Brook Rodenbeck
snowmutt
Shawnzy
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

And so my problem continues.... Empty And so my problem continues....

Post by Shawnzy Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:00 pm

I have done everything.. readjusted fuel system to make sure everything was spot on. re did all bearings greased everything.. cleaned clutches new belt...... The problem I have is my sled will hit the wall at 6500rpm and not want to go anyhigher.. so I did process of elimination started putting stuff back together and when I added someting I started sled and checked.. I got to the clutches got them on with the belt ran to 8200ish give or take no problem attached chain case today.. warmed up and throttled it and Im back to the same problem. Im out of ideas. Mxzeatr was helping me out last year with this and I did everything he said to check.. not good starting to be pain in my ass!

Can there be anything inbetween chaincase totrack that would hold back 1500 rpm? 19/43 gearing.10T sprocket. 121X1.25 track

Shawn

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

And so my problem continues.... Empty Re: And so my problem continues....

Post by snowmutt Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Shawn 8200 on the stand and then actual riding it changes the load on the clutches . 8200 just mill and clutches is nothing of a load like the rest of the drive line attached.. then add rider and snow drag and wt. Have you did any thing to the clickers or pin wts ? Try the clicker on the primary and see if it changes it on a run ...you'll need to go up , 200 rpm per click. Changing gearing will have a effect on rpm loads in some cases... i have a little over rev, snow4 runs it and it's spot on ??? wt + load = rpm
Is it shifting out ?..out to fast?... do the marker test .. Did you get the spring in the right hole from before? Can you free roll your track by hand ?
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Shawn, Rick is right on, Take the belt off with sled in the air. Does the track spin freely ? if that is free, iwould have to say it is in the clutch system. What , if anything was done to them ?
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:53 pm

snowmutt wrote:Shawn 8200 on the stand and then actual riding it changes the load on the clutches . 8200 just mill and clutches is nothing of a load like the rest of the drive line attached.. then add rider and snow drag and wt. Have you did any thing to the clickers or pin wts ? Try the clicker on the primary and see if it changes it on a run ...you'll need to go up , 200 rpm per click. Changing gearing will have a effect on rpm loads in some cases... i have a little over rev, snow4 runs it and it's spot on ??? wt + load = rpm
Is it shifting out ?..out to fast?... do the marker test .. Did you get the spring in the right hole from before? Can you free roll your track by hand ?
Rick , what is the Marker test ?
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Brook Rodenbeck wrote:
snowmutt wrote:Shawn 8200 on the stand and then actual riding it changes the load on the clutches . 8200 just mill and clutches is nothing of a load like the rest of the drive line attached.. then add rider and snow drag and wt. Have you did any thing to the clickers or pin wts ? Try the clicker on the primary and see if it changes it on a run ...you'll need to go up , 200 rpm per click. Changing gearing will have a effect on rpm loads in some cases... i have a little over rev, snow4 runs it and it's spot on ??? wt + load = rpm
Rick , what is the Marker test ?

You get your Sharpie and draw lines from the center out on both clutch faces , primary and secondary.
Then when you run it , you can see what your clutching is doing far as shifting . This is where ramps,pin wt,springs and helix angles come it to play.
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brook Rodenbeck Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Ok, what does that tell or show you ? is there a certain place on the sheeve it should be at ? Is this test in text anywhere you know of Rick ?
Brook Rodenbeck
Brook Rodenbeck

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Brook Rodenbeck wrote:Ok, what does that tell or show you ? is there a certain place on the sheeve it should be at ? Is this test in text anywhere you know of Rick ?

If the clutches are spot on, you would wipe all the marker off. Or at least full shift on the clutches. I am going to guess with Shawns, he is going to leave about an inch of marker on the primary.

Shawn, tell me what has changed with the sled...what have you changed as far as springs, gearing, track jetting, pipe, can....anything that has been done before you lost 1500 rpm?
Also, what year is the sled and what engine is in it....is the original engine? If not, what year is and what are the clutches from?
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

http://www.michigansledder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:39 pm

BMorgan wrote:
Brook Rodenbeck wrote:Ok, what does that tell or show you ? is there a certain place on the sheeve it should be at ? Is this test in text anywhere you know of Rick ?

If the clutches are spot on, you would wipe all the marker off. Or at least full shift on the clutches. I am going to guess with Shawns, he is going to leave about an inch of marker on the primary.

Shawn, tell me what has changed with the sled...what have you changed as far as springs, gearing, track jetting, pipe, can....anything that has been done before you lost 1500 rpm?
Also, what year is the sled and what engine is in it....is the original engine? If not, what year is and what are the clutches from?

B.. if I remember correctly he bought a SS mill and tweaked on it . He did gear real low 19/45 ????

I think it's in the clutches , somethings not right . Not sure what set up he has though.
If the secondary spring is not in the right hole (mine is B) ,..wouldn't that dog the R's and shift out to fast??
I suspect the same on the primary too , somethings not right ...??? too weak of spring in the sec for the gearing ??

You watching Brook ? lol
On the secondary..if your leaving maker line , you are not shifting out . This is where the helix angles and spring rates come in ...how fast , how hard?

The balance between the two is what your looking for , maintaining R's for proper torque to move your azz Razz
Not sure where I learned the marker test method hm....read it somewhere or around someone that did it scratch
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Didnt his sled start out as a 550 fan? If so, the 19/43 is stock for the 550. thats what he said had in it in the first post. If that is the case and he is using the stock secondary, he is not loading the primarary enough. Rpm if being held back because of it. I am curious what type of secondary it is, the helix size and spring specs.
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:19 pm

BMorgan wrote:Didnt his sled start out as a 550 fan? If so, the 19/43 is stock for the 550. thats what he said had in it in the first post. If that is the case and he is using the stock secondary, he is not loading the primarary enough. Rpm if being held back because of it. I am curious what type of secondary it is, the helix size and spring specs.

my bad on the gearing Neutral
I believe he dropped a SS in it . I know he work alot w/ mxzetr on a mill last yr for a build . Not sure if he got the mpem and clutches too .. it was Eric's old SS mill i think ??.. that was his plan the last i knew.

wait n see ??? Shawn where are you ??? lol
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 am

Sorry mutt. Was out of Town on work.. I am waiting on parts coming in. new secondary spring primary.. Going to rebuild them. I was told that I could use my 550 secondary just added a new helix as per mxzeatr advice.. Primary I purchased off dootalk guy said he took it off his ss and everything was ready to go..i tore them down explainef what weights ramps everything I had he said all seemed good.. He did more then enough but think going to maybe purchase new secondary. One from 500ss not that I don't trust mxzeatr but just to eliminate possibilites..

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:08 am

Ill get the helix specs and springs when out there in but

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:11 pm

And yes its the 19/43 gears, green white primary.. stock 550 secondary spring. The only thing now I would think is the secondary is not working with this setup.

Attached photos of parts.

Secondary Spring
https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/Shawnmulder/2012-01-29102319.jpg

Primary Spring
https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/Shawnmulder/2012-01-29102349.jpg

47/44 Helix
https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/Shawnmulder/2012-01-29102422.jpg

Another
https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/Shawnmulder/2012-01-29102434.jpg

Secondary
https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/Shawnmulder/2012-01-29102451.jpg

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:51 pm

My 07 SS I had ran a straight 44 helix in a RER secondary and a green spring. Primary was a green/white spring with 412 ramps
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:09 pm

I was suggested to get 47-44 for this one. I can try the 44helix

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:10 pm

could be also the spring I have. It was in the secondary with my 550x could've been used I was told. maybe not?

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 pm

If you have it, i would try it. Also the green spring
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:19 pm

I dont ill have to order that, and will that setup work on my secondary?

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:27 pm

It is a RER secondary, right? Do you have the 412 ramps as well in the primary??

What year is the 500SS engine?
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:41 pm

yes yes

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Then I would start with the secondary stock with the green spring and the 44 helix. That particular set up on the SS works great.
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 am

The green spring for ss is different from 04 -07.. Are they the same spring just different numbers or different springs?

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by BMorgan Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:21 pm

i am going to guess they upgraded the spring specs. i would go with the one for the 07 if it were me.
BMorgan
BMorgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowmutt Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:20 pm

whoa ..had to catch up Embarassed That makes sense with the 550 spring in there.
If its to light ...Shifting out to fast , pulling peak r's down 1st ,2nd, 4th gear Shocked

Btw what # are your primary clickers at ? 3 is where you want to start at .
snowmutt
snowmutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawnzy Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:41 pm

I had it at 3 but that was first thing people told me to change and it did nothing, after you mentioned it shifting out to fast before I was thinking about it at work today.. The primary light would have alot less power to push the secondary out so that worked but because of the power of the new engine the spring wont have enough pressure to contain the power to keep it inside the range.. If this is what the problem is I will be angry it took year to find this out lol :p

So next question do I get the 07 or 04 green spring different part numbers..
Would both have a standard diameter? so they will fit on my helix?

Shawnzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum